a particular anarchist's breakdown and explanation of theory and thought.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Translating Anarchism and the Spanish Revolution

So, part of my materials for a research project on the Spanish Revolution of 1936-7 include a piece, Anarchism and the Spanish Revolution, written by Helmut Wagner, a Bolshevik. The problem is, the two copies I have of them are in French and Spanish, which I have no hope of learning and can't understand easily, respectively. Nonetheless, I am going to try to translate it, and if it turns out that I am successful, then I am going to put it up somewhere. Naturally, the translation will be messed up, since I don't speak Spanish well and am stressed for time on this project as it is.

I am posting this just in case the ghosts who read this blog happen to be fluent in Spanish and have several hours on their hands would be willing to translate it for me and then post it themselves, or better yet, know of an English version.

Thanks, I don't know why I suddenly decided to post this. I probably won't end up translating it...

1 comment:

  1. Although this more than a year old, I thought the following comments might be helpful for anyone who like me stumbles on this page via a search engine:

    1. Helmut Wagner was not a "Bolshevik" but a council communist. He wrote a detailed critique of Bolshevism called "Theses on Bolshevism" published in 1933 and another simply called "Bolshevism" published in 1939. In these he argues that the Bolsheviks were a bourgeois revolutionary movement of the russian Intelligentsia which called its essentially Jakobinian party "proletarian" and appropriated Marxist terminology while at the same time filling it with new content to conceal its true bourgois character, gain influence on the russian masses and establish a new class-rule of the party over the russian workers. Both works can be found at the marxists archive: http://www.marxists.org/archive/wagner/index.htm

    2. A digitized copy of Wagners english text "Anarchism and the Spanish Revolution" can be found here: http://contentdm.warwick.ac.uk/cdm/ref/collection/scw/id/16987

    ReplyDelete